UWC Changshu China
Founded in 2015 as the only UWC college in mainland China. The college is situated in the 3,000 year old city of Changshu, on the banks of Kuncheng Lake, the largest of three lakes in the area.
Location: Changshu, China
Student profile: 520 students aged 16-19
Campus and facilities: UWC Changshu China’s campus has been designed one of China’s premier architectural design companies.
Our vision is for the campus to become a sustainable village dedicated to the fostering of peace and international understanding.
Campus facilities include:
- A multi-function performing arts centre
- A state-of-the-art centre for wellbeing, with indoor athletic facilities, running track, swimming centre, yoga and dance spaces
- A Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) centre
- A multi-function conference centre
- A Hahn/Peace Centre and boat house
- Residential houses for all students and faculty
- Dining hall
Specialisms: Our aim is to grow a programme with both variety and depth, with particular focus on the three pillars of the college:
- Chinese language and culture
- Social entrepreneurship
- Environmental activism
Beyond the classroom:
Project Week provides a focus for non-academic development away from the classroom. It is a core component of the school's Co-curricular Programme and enables students to pursue the school's mission outside the classroom. During Project Week, students design and implement projects they have designed themselves.